Monday, May 21, 2012

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust." Psalm 91:2


I have not written for a while. These have been challenging weeks for me personally. I have struggled with some health issues and have made many trips to the doctors here in Guatemala and ultimately in Houston where I stayed a few days with our daughter Hannah. There was a fear that I had an infection in my leg where I still have lots of hardware from my fracture many years ago. And while I have had as many different opinions as I have seen doctors, thankfully, there seems to be no infection. There was also a fear that I had a DVT (clot) in that same leg. The medication for that has made me weak and nauseated, but with the last ultrasound done, that clot seems to have thankfully, disappeared. I really hate thinking about myself and am pretty good at just ignoring pain, but as I watched the concern in my husband's face grow, I knew I needed to do something....so that is where I have been. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for me. What amazing friends God has given me!


And again, thankfully, I am surrounded by young people who continue the work here. As always, God is so gracious to not give us more than we can handle. Clinics have been quieter than normal and we have had no visitors in these last few weeks. As I feel my strength returning, I know that the pace will pick up again!


A final update on Rubidia....she went home to Jesus last week. She was never able to get rid of the infection nor did she have surgery. Please pray for her mama, Olga. Even though she is just 15, she never left Rubidia's bedside during all these months of hospitalization.

1 comment:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with YOU and all of your family. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete