Friday, April 1, 2016

The end of this month marks 17 years for us here in Guatemala. It has been an amazing journey of faith from the moment that we started down the road in our schoolbus, headed for San Andres. Many days have been difficult, but always God has been there to sustain us. This last year has not been any different from the other 16. I would probably have to say that it was one of our most difficult in that we lost two infant grandchildren and very nearly lost our daughter (and even though she is really our daughter-in-law, she has become our daughter). But even in the midst of those long days in the hospital, God was so faithful to speak. He held Katie and Aaron and the children in the palm of His hand and faithfully met them in each difficult moment. (For more on their story please see Katie's blog - theaaronfickers.wordpress.com). 

As we look back on the last year, when we started the construction of the hospital, all that we can see is His faithfulness. He has supplied every single need, from finances (even though we have not asked for a dime) to supplies for the hospital, to an excellent group of men to do the majority of the physical labor with attitudes and hearts that are...unbelievable, to the medical help that we need each day. We should be ready within a month or so to begin our outpatient services in the new building. I will try to attach some pictures...
Outpatient waiting area.


OR with concrete ceiling (govt requirement and quite the project). 
Inside courtyard area

He has been so good to us, as we have the very great and very uncommon privilege of working along side of our children. We are so blessed to be able to see most of our grandchildren each day....that is a blessing that we do not take lightly! We are also so grateful to Him for sending the Aquinos (Dr. Luis and his family) and the Allison's. They have come alongside to shoulder the growing responsibility in the clinics and soon to open hospital, as well as the hosting of the endless stream of visitors. 

So as I look ahead to the actual opening of the hospital, I would not be honest if I said that I was not nervous. There are so many things to consider...and we have never done anything like this and we are so NOT qualified. But then I look back on His faithfulness....and I know that He will supply whatever we need, whenever we need it. From obstetrician, pediatrician, or anesthesiologist to the wisdom to direct....I know He will supply exactly what we need. This is, after all, His.

 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness," Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.        
 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment