Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Our "season " has changed here, going from cool and dry to very hot and dry. We have not had any rain since October so the dust blows continually making it impossible to keep anything clean. I am not complaining though as I know many of you are anticipating yet another winter storm today. David's psalm has however, become my daily prayer...
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you, my body long for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.  Psalm 63:1

I see the weariness in the faces of the women. Last week as one of the women from Chiminisijuan brought her daughter in yet again, for the same infection, I saw it. She had not only her 9 year old daughter with her but the 3 year old who was burning with fever. He had walked the three hour walk with his mother who could not carry him except for short periods as she had the one year old baby strapped to her back. They were accompanied by her aunt who was sick with pneumonia and a large abdominal tumor.

I saw it again, as we asked the widows this week for prayer requests and the litany of problems too big for human strength flowed from these women. As we told the mama of 8 that she was now carrying twins...there it was again. It is a weariness that extends way past the physical fatigue to the deepest part of the soul. You know it, you have felt it...that weariness that only Jesus can lift.....Maranatha!

"The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."  Psalm 145:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment